Monday, February 18, 2008

2004 Peachy Canyon Jester

First tried this wine at Jester's Cafe, and I really enjoyed it, so I picked up a few bottles at the first place I saw it around here. This wine is a very strange blend, almost like a Bordeaux, but a lot like a Rhone wine as well. Grapes used were cabernet sauvignon, syrah, petite sirah, and cab franc. On the nose, hints of raspberry jam, plum, cherry, and cedar shine through. On the palate, tons of blackberry and raspberry, with currants, and lots of wood. Cedar, oak, you take your pick, but they are both there. There is something about this wine that I absolutely love, but I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe it is because it has the same qualities of two regions that we love, Bordeaux and Rhone. Maybe because it's a bigger wine. I only wish I knew. What I do know is that we have 2 more bottles, and I look forward to opening them. In short, a fun wine, worthy of 89 points. Cheers!

No comments: