Friday, April 25, 2008

2006 Siduri Pinot Noir Sonoma County


We opened this tonight "on the bistro" before Todd and Michelle's wedding. This is a great price point pinot, and I really don't want to say that it is an entry level wine for Siduri, but they do make some much better wines that this one in my humble opinion. Regardless, this is still a great wine in the $20 price point!
First thing you will notice is the screw top, but as I've said before, don't let this fool you. There are some awesome wines out there with screw tops on them.
This wine is definitely on the young side, but it is still drinking well now. I think it will drink better with another year or two in the bottle, and I would guess it would hold up well even past that. This wine has a nice garnet ruby color in the glass, and on the nose, it has the typical California pinot qualities with lots of cherry, dark fruits, and earth, with hints of strawberry as well. On the palate, you will get more of the cherry, but not as dark as it smells in my opinion, as well as a bit of spice and oak. The wine has a creamy, almost silky texture, and the finish lasts a good 30 seconds.
All in all, this is a great wine for the price, and worthy of 88 points in my opinion, possibly getting a higher rating with more time in the bottle. We have one more on hand, so we'll see! Cheers!

No comments: