Thursday, June 12, 2008

N.V. (No Vintage) Novella Chardonnay Estate Bottled



This wine was an absolute shocker! Purchased at the Trader Joe's in Alexandria last year when I was on my way back to Fort Lee - VA for lab school, I stopped at a Trader Joe because I knew that they sold alcohol, and wanted to try the "Two Buck Chuck" so we could see if it was just as though people had said. I saw this wine there as well and picked it up as I thought it would be a good cooking wine. Since then, it has been sitting in our basement for over a year, and I grabbed it because "Zelda" needed something to put in the Indian dish she was cooking...which was delicious by the way.

After she used what she needed for cooking, she threw the bottle in the freezer to chill, and we figured we would at least try the wine with dinner "on the bistro." Needless to say, this wine did not disappoint, and it was a tasty $6 shocker!

This was a fruit salad on the nose, with hints of peaches, green apple, and lemon and lime on the nose. On the palate, the first thing you notice is the fresh churned creamy butter texture! This is delicious, and an incredible QPR to boot. Lots of kiwi, mango, grapefruit, and lemon on the plate, with a very gentle acidity, and a very smooth finish giving off more citrus tones as it mellow in your mouth. All in all, an incredible QPR, worthy of 87 points! Cheers

No comments: