Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jersey Girl Cafe - Hamilton, NJ

So today we decided to give a new place a try that we heard about through a friend, so on our way to Whole Foods we hit the Jersey Girl Café in Hamilton.

Nice colors when you walk in, but the place needs a bit of décor. The owner (I think she was the owner) was an absolutely sweetheart and very pleasant. Zelda gave the egg salad sandwich a whirl, and I went the burger route with bacon and Swiss.

We sat and our food came out moments later. Zelda's egg salad was good and well seasoned. It did have olives in it which I have never seen before in egg salad, but thankfully she likes olives. 

My burger came out and from the shape of it I can say that I am 97.8% sure that it was a "Bubba Burger," and I find that disappointing. Sure, I'll eat them at a picnic or cookout, but that is about it.  Not really worth talking about actually.

For me, the fries were easily the highlight of the meal, and I would go back for the skinny crinkle fries alone. They were cooked nicely, crispy, and had that translucent crunch to them! YUM!
The owner also brought us a piece of banana cheesecake gratis, and it was delicious! In short, I would definitely go back as the Rueben looked fabulous, and the fries were awesome. To me, I can see Jersey Girl Café cater to the older tea room crowd, and that is not a bad thing at all. For now, they just need some more décor on the walls, and they need to start making their own burgers in house!  Not overly impressed, but I would give it a try again.  Cheers!

Jersey Girl Cafe
731 Route 33
Hamilton, NJ
Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm
Saturday 7:30 am - 4 pm
Sunday Brunch 10 am - 2 pm
Phone:  609-838-9799

2 comments:

logan said...

loved jersey girl...topped it off wi/ cheesecake from Sandy's Cheesecakes @ 1808 s broad in hamilton...very cool "starbucks" type atmosphere and flawless cheesecakes

Gourmet Coffee Service said...

I love your blog! Happy new Year!