Sunday, January 29, 2012

2010 Domaine La Suffrene Bandol Rosé

Had a glass of this today as Momofuku Ssam with lunch, and feel free to check out the review above for my full review of my lunch.

Nice salmon color in the glass with a fruity nose of strawberry, raspberry, grapefruit (really???), and citrus. Some alcohol on the nose, which seemed to blow off as the glass was emptied and this warmed up a bit.

On the palate, the first thing I noticed was the nice acidity.  Very nice fruits of citrus, some more grapefruit, and a bit of watermellon.  On the finish, some cranberry notes come through a bit, though the finish is short.

At $14 a glass, I got exactly what I expected, but you have to remember that these are New York prices, so you really can't complain.  Guessing this costs about this a bottle in stores, which makes it a realatively nice value, and cheaper than Domaine Tempier Bandol Rosé, though that is, and has been a favorite of mine for a long time.  But all in all, this went perfect with my lunch today.  Cheers!  -F. Scott

No comments: