Friday, May 21, 2010

2001 Le Corton Bouchard

01 Le Corton Bouchard  I had really high expectations for this wine, and think that overall it just needs some more time to really start strutting its stuff, and showing off its fruit that I think is there.  Brought by Alan to Berserkerfest 2.5 at Peking Duck House Manhattan.  On the nose, it really didn’t give off a whole lot, with some hints of strawberry, and tons of earth.  This definitely had some earthiness to it, and I don’t know if it blew off over the course of the evening or not, as I don’t think I got to re-visit this wine. 

On the palate, it was definitely tight, and the fruit just couldn’t make it through to the front of the palate.  Some hints of plum, with minor nuances of boysenberry.  The wine did have some nice backbone and acidity, and the finish was long and smooth.  I would drink this wine again, but I would give it another 5 years before revisiting.  87 points.

No comments: