Friday, July 8, 2011

2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon

 
Picked up from offsite today, so why not after a 6 hour decant in the cellar. Poured back into the bottle, and then brought to the restaurant.  Unfortunately, I had e-mailed my storage facility telling them I wanted the 2007 "Red Wine," and they instead pulled the cabernet sauvignon.   I didn't realize which wine this was until I got to West Side Gravy, and unfortunately for me, this was a $125 mistake, as I never would have popped one of these this early.

Dark purple color in the glass, with a nose dominated by oak and alcohol.  Some nice dark black fruits, but nothing really stands out.  Some sweet vanilla and herb round out the nose.

More dark fruits on the palate, with some plum, blackberry, blueberry, and raspberry.  Definitely a lot of heat on this wine still as it is so young, but there is definitely some qulity fruit n here.  Lots of creamy oak on the palate as well, so ge your tweezers ready to pull out the splinters.  Lots of heat on the finish, HUGE tannins, and the finish does linger for a good 30 plus seconds. 

I'll hold our remaining bottles, but can be drunk with a 6 hour decant IMHO, but no where near it's potential. I'd wait, and never would have popped this open now had I known it was the cab and not the red. Total waste of a wine that will be awesome in 10 plus years. Thank you moron at offsite for pulling the wrong bottles.  Cough this p as a $125 lesson learned.  Popped a baby here, that is dinking nowhere near it's potential.

No comments: