Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TC's Stone House Eatery - Wrightstown, NJ

TC's hands down has to be one of the busiest restaurants in the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst area, and today was no different.  You walk in, and the line to order is all the way to the front door (the counter to order is in the back right of the restaurant).  But even so, they get you through the line quick, and in the mean time you are scrambling to fnd a table.

Today, we have 5 of us for lunch, and while waiting in line, we saw a table open up, so we immediately threw our hats on

It took about 10 minutes for us to get through the line, and I ordered the tilapia sandwich with fries, and sat down.  Meanwhile, the orders were coming out of th kitchen like clockwork, as a young girl was calling out order numbers.

Mine came out a few minutes after some of my colleague (they ordered grilled chicken wraps which obviously don't take as long), and again, it was a nice portion of thin tilapia filet, perfectly seasoned, with a perfect char.  This is just a damn good sandwich, and one of the few restaurants in this area that knows how to blacken something correctly.

I definitely don't come here often enough, but that is because I am usually pressed for time.  Now that I know I can call in my order and make my way to the front of the line (no waiting for you takeout if you call it in ahead), I will definitely be taking advantage of this resource!  It's great to still see TC's thriving!  I was there for their grand opening several years ago when they first opened next door!

Check it out for yourself, and if you lovea good fish sandwich, try one of the many they have on the menu, from tilapia, to catfish, to tuna, to flounder, etc.  All 4 of the blackened versions are awesome!  Cheers!  -F. Scott

No comments: