Friday, April 8, 2011

Debiase Wines Pinot Noir Fritschen Vineyard (Russian River Valley - CA)

Our good friends Tom an Denise brought this wine along with them for us to try, and what a treat it was!  Tom decanted this at home for a bit, and poured it back into the bottle before we headed to Drew's Bay Shore Bistro in Keyport!

The nose was dominated by strawberry,and it was not shy!  Gorgeous dark berries are all over the nose, especially raspberry, along with some floral hints, and just a bit of earthiness and spice.

On the palate, even with the decant, this wine is young, but it proceeded to open up VERY nicely over the course of an hour and a half or so.  I expected there to be a lot of heat on this wine at this young stage, but that was not the case at all.  I never would have guessed this was a 14% alcohol wine.

Gorgeous strawberry and raspberry all over the palate, with some nice pomegranate nuances as well!  Some cherry tones round out the velvety palate, with just a hint of vanilla creaminess, and a nice finish.

All in all, I was very impressed with this wine considering this was the first time I had it, and also the first time I had wine from this vineyard.  I definitely look forward to having this wine again in the future...if I can find some!  A great example of why we love Russian River Valley wines!  92 points.  Cheers!

No comments: