Thursday, February 9, 2012

2007 Auteur Pinot Noir Shea Vineyard

It's been almost 2 years since I have checked in on this wine, the last time it showing wonderfully at a restaurant that didn't show so well, that is now out of business, but we all saw that coming.

Popped and poured at cellar temp tonight, and allowed to warm up.  Poured into a Riedel Grapes Syrah glass, and the nose and palate gave off nothing at all which I found very odd.  That said, I poured this into a Riedel XL, gave it a few swirls, and allowed it to warm up for about 10 minutes in the glass.  Call me crazy, but the glass made a magnificent difference.  I know, I find it odd as well, boy what a difference it made.

Gorgeous Shea fruits on the nose, with plenty of dark black fruits.  Oodles of blackberry, black cherry, black raspberry, and currants, with some nice spice, pepper, and floral notes.

On the palate, the raspberry dominate, with hints of blueberry, cranberry, and just a hint of cola.  The alcohol has integrated nicely on this wine, and the finish though short, shows some very nice pleasantries.  All in all, this has developed into a great wine, and I am happy to have more in the cellar.  Kudos to Ken for another great wine!  Cheers!

No comments: