Sunday, February 5, 2012

Black Bass Hotel - Lumberville, PA


Today was a great day to hop in the car and go for a nice little drive.  One of my Facebook followers made a mention to me of a wine shop in Stockton that I haven't visited in quite a while, so it was on my agenda for today.  That said, I figured a seat at the bar at The Black Bass was the perfect place for lunch.

Walked in and asked for a seat at the bar and had the bar to myself.  Nice crowd in the dining room, overlooking the Delaware, but a seat in the cozy bar was right up my alley today.

Sat down and ordered a glass of Cali cabernet, and ordered the Grilled One-Half Pound All Beef Burger , topped with double cheddar cheese, crispy fried red onions, lettuce, tomato and kosher dill pickle; served with French fries.

The burger was cooked nicely, with good grilled flavors.  The fried red onions were nice, and the fries were good and crispy.  Was this the best burger in the area?  No, not by any means, but it hit the spot today.

Look forward to heading back soon for dinner so I can have the crab dish that they are famous for.  Good stuff!  Cheers!

Black Bass Hotel
3774 River Road
Lumberville, PA 18933
Phone:  (215)297-9260
E-mail:  info@blackbasshotel.com
http://www.blackbasshotel.com/dining/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark: I have to tell you that I love you reviews! So nice to have a great resource like this on local restaurants! Being a townie, can you please review more places from Princeton? You must eat in town a lot right? Keep up the hard work! Love it! -Fran