Thursday, February 11, 2010

Torp's Deli - Bordentown, NJ

So as much as I didn't want to leave the house today in the gorgeous Jersey snow, duty called and I had to run some errands even though the snow gave me a day off of work. What better however than a good cheese steak on a nice snowed in Jersey day? So on my way back towards home, I took a quick detour and stopped in Bordentown, NJ, and picked up cheese steaks for Zelda and I from Torp's Deli on Farnsworth Avenue. I opted for a traditional cheese steak "with wiz," which I never do as I prefer a classic cheese steak with American, or even Provolone, and Zelda went with the chicken cheese steak with classic American. Many people were ordering sandwiches today, and they had the grill going, and the slicer going. Must have been one of the only places in Bordentown open today. The cheese steaks came off the grill quick, and were still piping hot when I got them to the house. Great size on both of them, and I only ate half of mine, and Zelda did the same. These may not be the best cheese steaks you'll ever have, but the meat was nicely seasoned, the cheese was good, and the bun had a nice little bite to it, though a bit soggy by the time I got them home. No surprise after the drive, but what can you do? All in all, not a bad meal in the least, and this definitely wasn't the first or last time we'll get some carry out from Torp's. Nice comfort food on a snowy day, and I think we'll enjoy the other halves along with Zelda's famous layer dip for dinner tonight with some vino. Cheers! -F. Scott

No comments: