Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adam's Rib - New Hanover Township, NJ (outside McGuire Air Force Base)

I know exactly what you are thinking, and no, this isn’t a typo.  But yes, I did eat at the same restaurant for lunch two days in a row!  Is that so wrong?  Not in the least, and as good as my brisket sandwich was yesterday, I had to go back today and try the pulled pork sandwich.
 
Needless to say, I walked in, placed my order, and barely had time to respond to a Facebook comment before my to go order was ready!  Wow, that was fast.  Opted for the pulled pork and hand cut fries, with a sweet tea, and took it back to the office.  Upon sitting down at my desk, the fries were still hot and crispy, and the pork was still plenty warm.  Nice crusty roll today, and a perfect lunch sized portion of pork piled on, with a side of BBQ sauce.

Like yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised at the tenderness and flavor of the pork.  There were some really nice tender pieces, as well as a few crusty charred pieces that I really enjoyed.  The pork was good on its own, but even better with the side of BBQ sauce, that was just enough to give the sandwich a ton of flavor, while letting the taste of the pork shine through.  Again, really nice smokey flavors here, and this is just darn good BBQ at an affordable price.
 
The sweet tea was good, although not overly inspiring.  I have most definitely had better, but for NJ, this is decent stuff.  I am not sure if they brew it themselves, or if it is a premade concentrate that they brew.  Regardless, it is OK.  So again, another great lunch from Adam’s Rib, and I look forward to going back time after time in the future.  For any of you near stationed on Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, I can’t recommend it enough.  It’s nice to have a new restaurant in town with good grub!
 
More information can be found at http://www.adamsribnj.com/
 
Adam’s Rib
19 Wrightstown Cookstown Road
New Hanover Township, NJ  08511
Phone:  (609)286-2065

No comments: