Saturday, December 11, 2010

2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

"Decanted' in the bottle for about two hours before consuming, this was really closed down at first.  Even so, the gang really loved this wine, and Kosta Browne is always a crowd pleaser within our local tasting group.

First thing I noticed on the nose was the alcohol, which I didn't remember when we had this wine 11 months ago.  Black cherry, cola, and spice on the nose, with some strawberry and raspberry as well.  The alcohol is starting to blow off. 

On the palate, more subdued than the KB's that I love, and not as sweet.  More black cherry and cola, with some other red fruits.  By the time I was down to my last quarter of a glass, this transformed into the KB that I love and was absolutely delicious.  Stll not sure what to make of these '06's.  I think they might need more time.  90 points. 

No comments: