Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2008 Maremmalta Micante Maremma Toscana IGT (Italy, Tuscany, Maremma, Maremma Toscana IGT)

For what this wine costs, it is again another good QPR.  Nice bright red, young color in the glass.  Reminds me of some bright young pinot I’ve had based on the color.  On the nose, this wine screams sangiovese, but I have no idea for sure what is actually in here as I don’t have my speck sheet in front of me.  It also doesn’t say on the bottle.

Super young Tuscan, with a nice nose of strawberry, red currants, spice, and sweet red fruits.  From the nose, I am guessing there is either some merlot or cabernet in the blend, but again, I have no idea, and no idea how much.

On the palate, this is simple and drinking nicely.  This makes a nice house red with subtle tannins.  More strawberry on the palate, and a nice little rich sweetness to it.  A bit of cherry on the palate, and just a berry medley to round it out.  The finish is short and sweet, and for what this wine is, it makes for a perfect house red, and a great nightly sipper.  Great QPR, and I am sure we’ll drink more of this in the future.  Cheers!

No comments: