Sunday, July 11, 2010

Braddocks Tavern - Medford, NJ

Today, Zelda and I were taking a drive to Marlton to go to Joann Fabrics to look for some fabric for outdoor curtains for our new pergola in the backyard bistro, and we figured we'd go to Carriage Trade Cheese Shop in Medford for some grilled panini's for lunch.  Unfortunately, Carriage Trade is closed on Sunday's so instead we walked across the street to Braddocks Tavern where we have had some great lunches and dinners.

We pulled up a stool at one of the high tops at the bar today, and caught the first couple innings of the Phillies game.  What was it today with fan interference?  Total craziness, but no big deal as my heart and soul is still in Chicago when it comes to baseball.  Unfortunately, my Cubbies aren't having the greatest season, but what can you do?  Hopefully I will see a Cubs World Series in my lifetime.  Gramps didn't, but I am hoping that will not be the case for me.  We came so close a few years ago, but not close enough.

We went for a simple lunch today, but we both opted for a glass of vino with lunch.  Zelda opted for a glass of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc, which is always a winner.  I had a glass of riesling, and unfortunately I didn't even look to see what it was.  Weird!  I never do that, but it was the perfect wine for a hot day.

Zelda opted for a turkey burger, and as always, it was nice and juicy, and cooked perfectly.  Her fries on the side were hot and crip, and just downright tasty.  I opted for the Tavern Burger, cooked medium, with nice cheddar cheese, bacon, and Jack Daniels sauteed onions.  It was delicious, and served with Braddocks homemade chips.  The chips were warm and crispy, with what tasted like Old Bay seasoning on them.

What is there to say other than another nice lunch at Braddocks.  Two burgers and two nice glasses of wine for $50 with tip.  A bit pricey for a Sunday lunch, but well worth it given the prices of alcohol in this area.  Nice burgers, and good service.  Look forward to going back again soon.  Cheers!  -F. Scott

No comments: