Thursday, October 21, 2010

Scott's Country Market - New Egypt, NJ

After eating my leftover Moosewood Restaurant Leek and Asparagus strudel for breakfast this morning, I needed to come up with a lunch plan. Since I couldn't think of one, I ended up going for a drive, and next thing you know I was in New Egypt and wandered into this place...

I walked in an saw the deli case in the back with all kinds of hot creations!  The first thing that caught my eye was the panini’s.  It looked like there were some stuffed with salami and cheese, another with prosciutto, cheese, and spinach, and finally another one with sausage, spinach, and cheese.  These looked wonderful.

They also had anything in the case ranging from pulled pork, to meatballs, to ribs, to BBQ chicken, sausage and peppers, etc.  One of today’s specials was a hot roast beef sandwich, and the beef looked very nice, bathing in warm gravy!  There was also a nice steak sandwich today as well that looked good. With so many pre made lunch options, you can get in and out of here pretty quick.

The two gentleman in front of me ordered made to order hoagies, and those looked nice as well.  They have a sandwich board with 20 or so different sandwiches, but I am sure they can make anything you ask them to.

I ended up going with my gut, and ordered one of the pre-made panini’s.  They just looked too good to pass up, with nice grilled sausage, and the melted cheese oozing from everywhere!  Paid and brought it back to the office, and I’ll tell ya, the car ride back to the office was heavenly, and you could really smell the garlic.

Unwrapped my sandwich, and took my first bite, and sure enough, the garlic was there!  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love garlic, and this is definitely not for the faint at heart.  I think the garlic was all in the spinach and the way they cooked it, but even for me it was a lot.  All in all, not a bad sandwich in the least, but it didn’t blow my mind either.  In all actuality, I think I should have gone for the roast beef, but what can you do?  Just looks like I’ll have to go back again in the future to give it a try!  Stay tuned!  Cheers!

Scott’s Country Market
19 Main Street
New Egypt, NJ 08533
Phone (609) 758-2143
Fax (609) 758-3259
Hours 6 AM - 9 PM
 
Since I cannot get the pictures to move today, his is going to have to stay down here until the editing function on blogger starts functioning correctly again.

No comments: