Saturday, March 14, 2009

2007 Alta Vista Torrontés Premium

This was wine number 1 of 2 in the tasting today, and I am on the fence with this wine. At first, this wine did absolutely nothing for me, but a day later, I had the taste of this wine in my mouth, and I found it rather intriguing that here it is 24 hours later, and I can taste it again. That being said, I think that this wine needs to be re-visited. From my original notes: pale straw color in the glass, with a nose of apple and pear. This definitely had a nice nose, but didn't blow me away to say the least. Moving on to the palate, this is a "crisp" wine, and would be a good summer sipper. Lots of citrus on the palate, with a bit of acidity, and a bit of alcohol. I think one of the problems was that with it being at a tasting, it wasn't at the temperature that I really enjoy white wines at. I think that had this been pulled straight off the ice, I would have enjoyed it more. The finish was simple, again with hints of acidity and lemon rhine. For now, 80 points, but I think it's worth picking up a bottle to serve on a hot summer day to re-visit. The lacking complexity, bite, and bitterness of this wine are what give it the low score, but it could really change based on the serving temp. Maybe we'll see. Cheers!

No comments: