Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Best Cheeseburger in New Jersey?

Growing up in the midwest, I grew to have an appreciation for a good cheeseburger. So far in New Jersey, I have had some darn good burgers, and I am now on a quest to find the best burger in New Jersey. With that being said, send me a note of places you think are worthy or claiming the crown, "Best Burger in New Jersey." This truly has to be somewhere that you would go out of your way to visit. Not your typical, run of the mill, "this burger is ok" sort of joint. So far, out of all the burgers I have tried in NJ, I think that the best so far is very close, between Rossi's in Trenton, as well as off the bar menu Anton's At The Swan Hotel in Lambertville. Some other places who's burgers I have enjoyed:
  • Oliver - A Bistro - Eatontown, NJ: Jack Mac burger from the lunch menu. Delish!
  • Bobby's Burger Palace - Eatontown, NJ: I prefer the Philadelphia Burger
  • Five Guys - Shrewsbury, NJ
  • Jester's Cafe - Bordentown, NJ
  • Triumph Brewing Company - Princeton, NJ: great kobe beef sliders
  • Braddock's Tavern - Medford, NJ
  • Cafe Kabul at Rat's - Hamilton, NJ: great organic burger and worth the $13 price tag
  • HOB Tavern - Bordentown, NJ: nice down and dirty burger for the price

And I could go on and on. But my challenge to you fellow foodies is: Who's burger do I absolutely need to try in New Jersey? Who's do you find to be the best? I have listed a few that I look forward to trying in the menu to the right, so feel free to comment on any of those that I have listed, and feel free to e-mail us with any of your suggestions.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, My 3 favorites in order of liking are:

1) BOOM BURGERS, Belmar NJ
2) ROSSI'S, Trenton NJ
3) BARNACLE BILLS, Rumson NJ

You gotta try Boom in Belmar. Medium rare, very flavorful and they encourage BYO.

John and Lisa Howard-Fusco said...

Make a pilgrimage to White Manna in Hackensack. We just ate there again over the weekend. Little burgers of joy. :) - John

SLAKED! said...

Great post! I look forward to trying all these spots.

Anonymous said...

I second Rossi's in Trenton's Chambersburg, and cant wait to try Boom.

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely imperative that you make your way into New Brunswick and taste the ever famous Stage Left burger.