Friday, March 19, 2010

2007 Red Truck Pinot Noir

Ordered this against my better judgment off a wine list, but wasn't in the mood for a beer or a cocktail. I've seen this wine a million times, and figured why not, how bad could it be? This wine is exactly what it is, a small, mass produced, cheap pinot, that probably appeals to some, but not me.

Some strawberry and plum on the nose, with slight hints of cherry and other mixed berries. Kind of a fruit medley so to speak that was less than inspiring. On the mouth, quite thin, lacking acidity, and pretty much un-inspiring. Some more berry on the tongue, lacking structure, depth, and again acidity. No spice, no earthy, no nothing really.  The finish was short, but not offensive, but didn't do much of anything for me. Definitely not my cup of tea, or glass of pinot for that matter. 71 points

No comments: