Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Avanti WCR682SS 166 Bottle Wine Chiller HAS ARRIVED!


It's a beautiful day in our household as the new wine cellar has arrived.

Stores up to 166 Wine Bottles
One Touch Digital Control for Red, White, or Sparkling Wine
Reversible Tempered Double-Glass Door with Stainless Steel Frame
One Touch Dual Function Electronic Display for Monitoring Temperature (F/Cº)
Auto Defrost
One Touch ON/OFF Interior Cavity LED Lighting System
Wooden Shelves on a Sturdy Pull-Out Roller
Built-In Interior Fan for Temperature Control
Stainless Steel Handle
Security Lock
Net Capacity: 166 Bottles
Color: Black / Stainless Steel
Unit Dimensions: 71 1/8H x 23.5W x 26 7/8D
Carton Dimensions: 74.75H x 26W x 30D
Unit Weight: 223
Shipping Weight: 239
Defrost System: Auto
Power: 110V / 60HZ
Reversible Door: Yes
.
Got home and it was waiting on the curb. Unfortunately, the kid delivering it was without a helper today. That being said, he had his girlfriend with him, and damn near lost it coming off of the truck. So much for P trying to slip the guys a fifty to take it into the house. Beverage Factory really should do more screening on their shipping partners. The kid couldn't even get it out of the street and onto the curb, and offered to leave it in the street, next to the curb, and asked P how busy our street is and how much traffic we get. Yikes! Thank God for Dave being home to help the kid get it off the street and onto the sidewalk.
.
So I got home, and saw the giant box sitting on the curb when I arrived. I have to say that it was packed very well. The outside was a combination of cardboard and styrofoam, and the styrofoam was abundant around the chiller. There were plenty of plastic straps holding everything together, and it was sitting on two wood pallets. The chiller itself was wrapped in plastic once I got all of the packing off.
.
Thanks to Dave, our local comic book artist, we got the chiller into the house. I have to say that this thing is indeed heavy, and weighs every bit of 220 pounds! I got it level, an let it sit for a few hours per the instructions. I turned it on at around 8PM, and started loading it up with bottles, as well as a few different thermometers to check the temperature. I set it to a cool 55 degrees, and 2 hours later, it is sitting at 63 degrees at the top, and 61 degrees at the bottom. An update will come in the morning.
.
All in all, I am very happy with the quality. The wood shelves are nice, the housing is nice, and the glass door is nice. Packaging was very nice as well, and I really don't have a lot of complaints.
As expected, I did have to remove a few shelves to stack bigger bottles on top of each other. This made me lose some spaces, but at least I could stay bottles 2 high, and 2 deep in these rows. It could always be worse! 166 bottles? Not a chance, but I'd guess I could cram at least 120 in here if I really wanted to!
.
As of this morning, the digital display was reading 55 degrees, and upon further investigation, my thermometer at the top of the chiller was reading a cool 54.9 degrees, and the thermometer at the bottom was reading 53.8 degrees. Not bad at all. I am going try different locations for my thermometer sensors to see just how accurate it is, but so far so good.
.
I can say that this thing is very quiet compared to that 102 bottle Haier garbage that we originally bought from Home Goods. We could most definitely hear the Haier kick on while we were in the family room watching TV, but that is not the case with this unit. It runs very quietly in comparison.
.
So far, I can say that I am very happy with this unit. It looks nice, runs quietly, and was very affordable in comparison. For the money, you can't beat it. Sure, it's not a Eurocave, but it also didn't cost what a Eurocave costs. A full review to come after 6 months in operation!

No comments: