Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yardley Inn - Yardley, PA

It was a rainy day by the time I got home, and a perfect day to sit at the bar at the lovely Yardley Inn, overlooking the Delaware River. For those of you not familiar with Yardley, it's just across the river from Trenton, and about a 15 minutes drive from where we are located.
.
The bar was dead when we got there, however we did get there at an odd time, just a few minutes before 3PM. That being said, we had access to the "In Between Menu," which happened to be perfect for us.
.
At the bar, we enjoyed a nice glass of New Harbor sauvignon blanc. This wine seems to be a staple in restaurant these days, and is a joy to drink, like many of the other Marlborough New Zealand sauv blancs that are out there. At $9 a glass however, I thought it was a little expensive, but once I saw the monster pour in the big fishbowl white glass, I was pleasantly surprised. No complain whatsoever paying $9 for the glass that we both received.
.
On to lunch, Zelda ordered the beer battered tilapia & chips with caper remoulade...your classic fish and chips? Not exactly as it is made with tilapia, but what a pleasant treat it was. I never would have thought of this, but I would definitely order for myself next time we go back for lunch or dinner. Everything was perfect. The fish was fresh, and the batter was light, airy and crispy! Yum! Even the caper remoulade was outstanding!
.
I opted for the sausage & pepper hoagie, and it too was delicious. It was served on a fresh Italian roll, with a double row of great sausage, smothered with onions and red peppers, then topped with melted provolone cheese. The portion was huge, and I ended up taking 1/2 of the sandwich home for lunch tomorrow. Fresh butterfly chips accompanied my sandwich, and they too were outstanding.
.
All in all, yet another great meal at the Yardley Inn, with a nice view of the river, great food, and great service. Kudos!

No comments: