Monday, May 19, 2008

Vineyard 25 - COMING SOON!

Is it possible to grow decent grapes in New Jersey? What are the chances that good syrah vines will grow in New Jersey? Well, I wish I had the answer to these questions, but it is just a matter of time before we find out!

Special thanks to Paul Romero, owner, winemaker, vineyard manager, etc, I have some great syrah vines coming to us that we will try to grow organically in our backyard.

I can't say enough great things about Paul and his wife Stefania. Not only is Paul creating amazing syrah and cabernet sauvignon, he and Stefania are just damn good people to boot!

I e-mailed Paul one day on a whim asking him where he buys his vines, and after giving me a suggestion, he was gracious enough to offer me a few plants that he had leftover after doing some planting and replanting early this season. Knowing Paul, and knowing the care and precision that Paul takes on his wines, I am sure that these are going to be great vines. Whether or not they will grow in New Jersey and produce fruit is another matter, but hopefully we will find out in the next couple of years.

Paul was also gracious enough to give me some great tips, as well on some great resources that will help out a ton as well. So all of that said, I look forward to receiving our plants from Paul, so please do stay tuned as this project progresses.

From here, God only knows. Will we ever own a vineyard and winery on the East Coast? More than likely no. Will we ever own a winery or vineyard in California? Nah, but this will certainly be a fun project nonetheless.

Thanks again to Paul and Stefania, and be sure to check them out at: http://www.stefaniawine.com/ Stay tuned as the story unfolds at Vineyard 25!

1 comment:

John and Lisa Howard-Fusco said...

Good luck in growing your grapes. You guys are wine ninjas! Glad to have stumbled upon your site.