Sunday, June 8, 2008

Court Jester Restaurant - Freehold, NJ

Nothing at all to write home about, but they make a decent burger. Stopped in here for lunch today after the restaurant that I really wanted to try was closed on Sunday. Zelda said her turkey burger was good, and I had a bacon cheddar burger that was cooked perfectly, and had a good fresh off the grill taste. Saratoga Chips were good, but could have used a few more minutes cooking to get them nice and crispy. Other than that, the service at the bar was up to par, and the place seemed pretty clean. I think the highlight of this restaurant/bar is the fact that they have 30 different beers on draft, and a few of my favorites, Magic Hat No. 9, Blue Moon, Bass, Guinness, and New Castle. Don't even bother with their wine list unless you are in the mood for some Sutter Home or Barefoot. All in all, not a bad place to stop in for a quick bite, but it is bar food at best. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back here with so many other restaurants to try in historic, downtown Freehold. 16 E Main Street Freehold, NJ 07728 Tel: 732-462-1040 Fax: 732-294-7828

No comments: