Saturday, September 11, 2010

2006 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Cruz Mountains

For a long time, this has been my favorite wine in the Stefania lineup, however, now that I have tried the 2007, I am not sure that that may still be the case.  As I write this now, it is really hard to say, but I think we will have to taste the two side by side here in the next few months so that I can really make a good decision!

Again, this was popped and poured tonight, along with all the other wines in the lineup that we drank tonight.  Nice garnet color in the glass like always, and a gorgeous nose of currants, cassis, and jammy cherry and raspberry.  Secondary hints of menthal, mocha and spice round out the nose.

On the palate, more cassis and creamy fruits dominate, with hints of vanilla.  Tons of black and blue fruit seemed to dominate the palate, with a smooth finish and well integrated tannins.  As always, this was a fabulous bottle, and worthy of 92 points!  Can't wait to open one of these again soon!  Cheers!

No comments: