Saturday, September 11, 2010

2009 Stefania Chardonnay Chaine d’Or

I am very to say that I only got a tiny little sip of this, but I do have to say that it was very enjoyable, and maybe even more so than the 2008 (yes, I know that the picture is from the 2008 label).

Unfortunately, I didn't record any notes on this wine, but I do remember it being every bit as good as the 2008.  Nice citrus hints on both the nose and palate, with a bit of green apple and pear as well.  To me, it seemed as though there may have been a touch more oak on this wine than the 2008, but it is really hard to say as I have only had one 2008 so far.  I will be sure to revisit that again soon.

Like many of Paul's wines, I keep finding that these are being better made every vintage.  I don't know if Paul and Stef and just brushing up on their skills and getting better every year, but these wines just keep getting better and better, and more and more solid.

If I remember correctly, Paul mentioned something to the effect of having to add a bit of residual sugar to this wine, but I do not remember for sure.  I'll be sure to give this wine a whirl when we receive our allocation.  More to come if I can find some notes!  Cheers!

No comments: