Saturday, September 11, 2010

2007 Stefania Pinot Noir Santa Cruz

This is yet another wine that I was looking forward to tonight, and this bottle showed even better than the last bottle we had back in the early part of 2010.

Oodles and oodles of strawberry on the nose here, and a great expression of Santa Cruz Mountain pinot noir in my opinion. There is nothing candied about any of the fruit on the nose here, and that is not a bad thing at all. If you are looking for a big, in your face fruit bomb, then look elsewhere, and drop me an e-mail so I can buy whatever of these from you that you have left in your stash.

More raspberry and tart cherry round out the nose, with some earthiness to it. This could be the classic hints of forest floor here, with some wet earthiness, and maybe even a bit of dirty soil. Some sweet spice and cinnamon round out the nose here.

On the palate, this is definitely satisfying when you are looking for tat non candied, non cola pinot noir. As I said the last time we had, this really reminds me of Windy Oaks on both the nose and palate, and is just what the doctor ordered when in the mood for one of these wines. The cherry is really starting to shine here, the alcohol is integrating, and it is starting to drink very nicely. I look forward to seeing how these develop! 92 points! Cheers!

No comments: