Saturday, September 11, 2010

2008 Stefania Haut Tubee

At $16 a bottle on future, this is a wine that is a ridiculous value, that I really look forward to every release!  As good as this 2007 was, I was really looking forward to the 2008 as Paul said it would be even better.  Unfortuantely, I don't, remember exactly what grapes went into this blend, but my faithful readers know the story behind this blend.  When all was said and done, I want to say that there were 9 or 10 different grapes used in this blend.  To make this wine even more fun, Paul and Stef bottled up 3 magnums of this wine, and one of them has already been shipped to us!  Magnums are so much fun!

Gorgeous dark ruby color in the glass with a nose dominated by cherry!  Did I mention there was some cherry on the nose here?  WOW!  Tons of cherry, and I love it!  There are also some raspberry and plummy notes here, with nice spice and creamy oak as well. 

On the palate, this has plenty of nice fruits, and is very syrah and grenache driven.  Definitely some Rhone influence on this wine, and maybe even more so than the 2007 Haut Tubee. 

Definitely young, but drinking well now.  Can't wait for this wine to come out, and I can already see ordering a few extras of these to have around.  At the price, this is a hell of a deal!  No score right now, but this will easily be a 90 plus point wine, and quite possibly better than the 2007!  Time will tell  Cheers!

No comments: