Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 3: Hot Dog Challenge! 3 Days, 6 brands! What hot dog will reign supreme?

I have to say that after eating hot dogs for the last 3 days for lunch in the office, the last thing I wanted to do was fire up the grill today, and eat yet another hot dog!  But it had to be done, and we had to find a clearly defined winner in the quest to find out “which hot dog reigns supreme.”

So with that said, I once again fired up the grill at 11:30AM this morning, and prepared the dogs to hit the grill.  The semi-finalists for the challenge came down to the Hebrew National, versus the Sabrett.  These two were neck and neck throughout the taste test, and the ones that everyone had come back.  Would these dogs however be that different in a side by side taste test?  Well, we are about to find out.

The dogs were once again cooked the same on the grill as they were last week.  The grill was searing hot, and the dogs would be cooked to a nice char.  Again, both dogs would be topped with the same ingredients, that included mustard, ketchup, relish, and onion.  Some used all of these ingredients, while others did not, but they prepared both hot dogs the same.

In my mind, I had a clear cut favorite from last week, but I was keeping an open mind to see if I could be proved differently.  After my mind was made up, we went around the office to see what others had thought, and I was pretty shocked to hear that many of the judges had agreed with me.  In my opinion last week, the Hebrew National was the clear cut victor.  I thought that I might be the only one to change my mind and pick the Sabrett as the clearly defined favorite.  However, at a margin of 6 to 1, the victor of the 2010 Logistics Readiness Flight Hot Dog Show Down was indeed the Sabrett.  Congratulations!

In tasting these side by side, the Sabrett just had a better beef taste.  How do you really describe how a hot dog tastes in the first place?  It is hard to do, but  we all just knew which dog we preferred.

So in recap, 4 days, and 6 different brands of hot dogs, the battle has been settled, and the Sabrett brand hot dog reigns supreme!  I can now say that I have no desire to eat a hot dog again for a very long time!  LOL!  Now we’ll see what competition will come next!  Bratwurst perhaps?  Flannery burger blends?  There probably won’t be another contest, but you just never know!  Hope everyone enjoyed reading this, and found it educational!  Now, my question to you is, what is your favorite hot dog?  Cheers!  -F. Scott

No comments: