Saturday, September 11, 2010

2007 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Uvas Creek

Here is another wine that I have been very excited to try, even though I have had a case of these in the cellar for almost a year now.  As good as Stefania wines drink young, I always like to let them settle for a while in the bottle, and that is one of the reasons I haven't popped one of ours yet.
 
When I saw this in the case and a half that Paul had sent, I was very happy!  Popped and poured just like everything else, with it's nice deep, dark, garnet color in the glass.  Super young nose of currants, blackberry, and tons of red cherry.  Nice spice on the nose as well.
 
On the palate, this wine is super young!  Oodles and oodles of ripe cherry and crushed red and black berries.  Some nice vanilla and spice tones round out the palate.  In my opinion, this could be the best of the Uvas Creek with time.  So far, the '05 has been my favorite, but this could definitely surpass it with its great fruit!  Won't score it as I haven't drank enough of it yet, but easily a 90+ point wine!  Cheers!

No comments: