Saturday, September 11, 2010

2007 Stefania Haut Tubee

Do I really need to write about this wine again, or have I flooded the blog with review on this spectacular $16 wine (when purchased on futures, $20 retail).

This is always an absolute joy, but I will say that I am looking forward to making room for the 2008 model...see above! 

Popped and poured again, gorgeous deep, rich, garnet color in the glass!  The nose of this wine is absolutely insane, and is all over the place.  Unfotuantely, I was trying to get my nose notes taken while I was cooking the Flannery sliders on the grill, so I smelled a lot of BBQ!  ;-)  But from the audio notes I recorded on my Blackberry, this showed very similar to my other notes, with tons of blue, red and black fruits.  Nice hints of licorice, which I don't think that I have ever noticed before, as well as a bit of menthol.

On the palate, again, and absolute joy for the money, and I am so glad that I snatched some more of these up from Paul and Stef while they had some.  Now I just need for the weather to cool down so they can ship them!

While it's only been about 3 months since we have opened one of these, this bottle seemed to show very well!  Tons of Rhone influence on this bottle, even more so than usual.  The fruits were sweet and jammy, and the dark black and blue fruits dominated.  Tons of blueberry and blackberry seemed to shine, with some nice spice aspects that were remniscent of zinfandel.  Why they seemed to be so dominant in this bottle is beyond me, but I am not complaining in the least.

Nice acidity and finish round out the palate, and again, I will say that this is the best QPR out there.  Another 91 pointer, and possibly the best bottle of this we have had yet.  Cheers!

No comments: